|Navigation: home \ fiber arts \ knitting projects \ cabled tabi socks|
Patterns from knitty.com
Completed April 2007
ArtYarns Supermerino in handpainted purple. One skein per sock
Needles: Addi Turbo circular 3.0mm (size 2) x 100cm (about 40")
Other tools: row markers and knit counter
Gauge: 6-6.5 stitches/inch in stockinette
Project notes: This is a fusion of two toe-up sock patterns from knitty.com - Widdershins & Lickety Split. I used the Magic Cast-On (definitely worth learning!) and fudged the numbers for the heel turning with some help from this blog. No detailed notes posted, since there were so many cross-outs and scribbles, I'm not even sure what I did!! Argh! I must have re-knit the toes 5x each, because the size wasn't right.
I do think I botched the heel
flaps. Instead of slip1, k1 repeat - I only slipped the first
stitch. Oh well...they still turned out okay. Also, I had to
fudge the number of stitches in the leg section to get the cabling pattern
These socks were knit with the Magic Loop technique. Works very well on 100cm Addi Turbos. ^_^
These socks still turned out well, despite all of the headaches. They will be for my mom, so she can wear them inside the house with sandals. I think they might be a bit big for her, since they fit me okay and I have bigger feet! ^_^
I love ArtYarns Supermerino. It's springy and the hand-painted look gives the socks some character. However, I heard they don't wear all too well.
Back to the Knitted Projects Page